Components Of An Outstanding Mother Of The Bride Speech
During my research, I found some great information about the different parts of a successful mother of the bride speech. Not that you need to include every component in your wedding speech, but the more that you can fit in, the better your chances of impressing the wedding guests with a heartfelt speech.
Components Of Mother Of The Bride Speeches
Here is what I discovered regarding the basic components of a fantastic mother of the bride speech:
1) Be Sure To Introduce Yourself – You may be a stranger to some of the wedding guests.
2) A Heartfelt Welcome – Welcome your new son-in-law into your family using a adorable story about when you met him for the first time.
3) Talk About Your Daughter – Remember her as a little girl, while attending school, and close with a story of how she has matured and changed for the better after meeting the groom.
4) Recognize The Bride’s Siblings – If the bride has siblings, why not include a few nice words about the special relationships she has with them.
5) Discuss The Bride And Groom – Discuss how the bride and groom compliment each other and why they make a lovely couple.
6) Acknowledge The Groom’s Parents – This is the time to recognize the groom’s parents and welcome them into the family.
7) Special Thanks – Here is the opportunity to thank anyone with special participation in the wedding, but be sure to get the bride’s concurrence.
Toast The New Bride And Groom – Here is where you end your Mother of the Bride Speech with a wonderful toast to your daughter, the Bride, and the Groom.
Note: I found the following video that I thought was a touching example of how a Mother Of The Bride speech should cover all the components of a great wedding speech.
When my daughter asked me to participate in her wedding reception by giving a mother of bride speech, I panicked! I really didn’t know where to start or what to say. After some research, I found very limited information regarding mother of the bride speeches. However, I did find a resource that was geared specifically toward writing and giving a mother of the bride speech. I was able to follow instructions step-by-step and create what I considered was a dynamite wedding speech.
My Favorite Wedding Speech Resource
Although I could have gone on and on about different family happenings throughout the year, or describe every detail of my daughters life, the advise I got from this resource helped me focus my speech on the most important parts of the day and especially the special couple.
Most importantly I was able to develop my speech, refine it and practice it a couple of times before the big event. I credit this mother of the bride speech guide with my delivering a successful speech, as well as, keeping me on track and controlling any emotional outbursts. My speech was a great success, even if I say so myself!